Mrs. Gonzalez's Blog

Art at Briargrove

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ms. Weymouth's Art Room Wish List
We have such a wonderful art room, and I would love to stock it with even more exciting educational tools. If you have any of these items, or feel like purchasing them as a gift, the students and I would LOVE it! Thanks for your support!
-Clipboards - I still need 22 to complete my class set

-Shape/design puzzles, pattern blocks, etc.
-Color Wheel puzzles from Pottery Barn Kids
- these are great for activities that help students of all ages explore design and color theory; I have one right now, but ideally I would like to have 5 more (one per table for activities)

-Bulletin Boards - I need one for the exploration center - something like 3x5 feet would work great, but smaller would be OK too.
-Art Books - if it looks interesting to you and your kids, we would probably love it for our book center! These can also be non-art-related books with beautiful illustrations! A great place to look for books on art is at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts gift shop!
Some books I would love to have in the classroom are:
The Art Lesson, by Tomie dePaola
I Spy Shapes in Art, I Spy Numbers in Art, and I Spy Colors in Art, by Lucy Micklethwait
Art Is... by Bob Raczka
Romare Bearden: Collage of Memories, by Jan Greenberg
The Dot, by Peter H. Reynolds